sometimes i feel at a loss for words when i’m trying to describe food, but this tumblr has natural talent. ;o)
realreason (aka humblecuisine):
massive headache today, probably a migraine. i can’t sleep because excederin is the only thing that helps a little. i’m sitting in a dark room, grumpy and bored. the only way i can watch tv is with it on almost mute with closed captions, and even that gets to me after a while. the computer screen hurts my head after only a few minutes. when you’re home feeling terrible, you’re supposed to at least get to surf the net and watch bad daytime tv, right? even the kitties are ignoring me. grumble.
so probably not a whole lot of posting today…
but i think i had a succesful day #1 of my healthy diet/exercise plan:
- slept in, cuddled with kitties, and researched recipes online.
- ate brunch at local bagel shop:
- wheat bagel w/ 1 tbsp spinach & artichoke cream cheese (tip: i’ve found dipping the bagel in cream cheese causes me to use less of it.tip)
- 8 oz Odwalla original superfood fruit juice (tip: serving sizes are important!)
- free trade vanilla nut coffee w/ 2 tbsp 2% milk and 2 tsp sugar
- read introduction to In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
- bought hand weights, food scale, and summer workout clothes at target
- went grocery shopping at publix and stocked up on lots of healthy food and drink
- snack: 1 cup grapes
- 1/2 hr strength training w/ hand weights
- snack: handful of natural roasted almonds with sea salt
- baked berry & jam streusel muffins for my fiance
- cooked and ate flounder w/ parsley & caper sauce, along with a prosciutto, pea, and mozzarella salad with mint vinaigrette
- cleaned up kitchen
- snack: 1/2 cup D’lites chocolate honey almond/amaretto swirl frozen dessert
- drank lots of water all day
- humble cuisine officially reached 50 followers (in less than 3 weeks!) today. you guys are amazing! thanks for the support and for sharing so much great food ideas with me, as well! ♥!!!
and now i’m super tired. time for a hot shower and sleep. i took lots of pictures, though, and i’ll try to post them some time tomorrow. nighty night!
or any alcoholic beverage in general is that you get to drink it at the same time. =]
That, more or less, is the short answer to the supposedly incredibly complicated and confusing question of what we humans should eat in order to be maximally healthy.” —Introduction - An Eater’s Manifesto, from In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan (currently reading)